TSF IWC Kurt Klaus İstanbul Interview - Röportaj / English

TSF Tarafından Yapılan Röportajları Bulabileceğiniz Bölüm

TSF IWC Kurt Klaus İstanbul Interview - Röportaj / English

Mesaj Bond » 31 Eki 2012, 19:06

TSF'nin IWC'nin ünlü saat ustası Kurt Klaus ile İstanbul ziyareti sırasında yaptığı röportajın İngilizce metnine bu konudan ulaşabilirsiniz ;) Master Klaus'a teşekkürler :champ:

Master Klaus welcome to Turkey and have a pleasant stay in İstanbul. Thank you very much in advance for the interview. These are the questions we would like to ask you that chosen from our forum members, IWC fans and TSF editorial staff. We have many threads in board about IWC line-up and the amazing movements / modules you created.

Resim

TSF: What sparkled you to choose a course in watchmaking?

Kurt Klaus: Since my youth I always like small things, today we call it “micromechanisms”. There was different possibilities to work with micromechanisms, one of them is watchmaking. I choosed it!

TSF: How did you put your goal in starting the design of the perpetual module?

Kurt Klaus: During watchindustry-crises in the 1979’s I started to developp some special additional mechanisms o pocketwatches to make it more interesting. When the trend for pocketwatches got lost, my boss told me to continue with a wristwatch. After the years constructing calendars, I wanted to make somthing more, a perpetual calendar!

TSF: What is the main difference between IWC Perpetual and other perpetual movements or modules. Is it the ease of use in brief with single crown adjustment?

Kurt Klaus: The IWC calendar is really new generation of perpetual calendars.
- The calendar is module, set on a basic movement.
- The calendar is very userfriendly, that means, ist is very ease to adjust. Only turn the crown in middle position, and all indications move together.
- I constructed it for a industrial production.
- It is possible to set the module on different basic movements.

TSF: You did construct calendars onto automatic movements such as JLC 889 at past. Putting chronograph movements aside, what base movements apart from calibre 5000 do you think are preferable in terms of both slimness and having adequate torque for powering a perpetual calendar module? Could you name a few.

Kurt Klaus: The calendar was used on c.889 exclusively for JLC-models.
IWC Romana model is a very elegant flat watch using the calibre 849 JLC (1.85mmthick)
In our “Novecento” I used the JLC calibre 946 automatic (17.5 mm diameter)
In the same time as Da Vinci we prodused a model “Ingenieur” using the calibre ETA automatic.

Resim

TSF: What complication, if any, excites you other than perpetual calendar?

Kurt Klaus: After launch of the Da Vinci I started together with Giulio Papi to developp a special minute-repeater, fitting on the Da Vinci. The resuult was 1990 the Grande Complication.
One of my preferred “Babys” is the Tourbillon Mystere on the calibre 5000.

Resim

TSF: Turmoil of daily business life today compels one to seek solitude when out of office and be occupied with doing something for relief that is irrelevant to his/her professional works. Watchmaking sounds a solitary occupation, but is it relieving or infuriating? Would you suggest such a person acquire watchmaking as a hobby?

Kurt Klaus: May be, to work on a wallclock could be a pleasure, but to have a serious hobby for watchmaking I have big doubts. I would be an exception.

TSF: Which current IWC watch is your favorite?

Kurt Klaus: I love all my “Babys” but the most important for me is still the Da Vinci (the old original and also the new Special Edition) because it was the first and an important “Milestone) for a new”Renaissance” of the mechanical watch.

Resim

TSF: What is the first thing you look at when you pick up a watch that you have never held before?

Kurt Klaus: The first look is automatically the brandname, then the secondshand: is it quartz or mechanical? Then it is the design, nice or not!

TSF: The perpetual calendar is an amazing feet in watch making, is there any other complications not yet developed for a wrist watch that you think will be possible / desirable in the future or that you personally would like to see, or is it a case that everything that can be done has been done.

Kurt Klaus: Almost all complications was made before and the ony thing we can do, is to make some new generation of a mechanisme, to make it better than before and in the dimension of a wristwatch.

TSF: What is you passion outside watchmaking?

Kurt Klaus: During many years I trained my Whippets for dogracings. Every early morning I was walking with my three dogs in the free nature. I did it not only for the dogs, but also for my health.

Resim

TSF: In the last couple of years internet watch forums have many advantages as direct information sources about timepieces and positive effects on customer choices regarding to traditional marketing methods. Next to being a master watchmaker you as a senior ambassador for IWC Schaffhaussen do you read forums to learn real user opinions about the IWC watches and what is your opinion about global and local watch forums in brief?

Kurt Klaus: When I have some free time, I am surfing in different watchforums. It is interesting and sometimes a fun to read all the opinions. Because I am no more active in our developping departement, I read it only for my information and to still stay in the big world of watches.
My standard forum is IWC Collectors Forum. (www.iwc.com)
Over all, the forums are very useful for everybody.

TSF: On behalf of all TSF members we would like to thank you very much for the interview.

Copyright TSF / www.saatforumu.com & IWC Schaffhausen - All Rights Reserved
Kullanıcı avatarı
Bond
Administrator

Mesajlar: 14072
Yaş: 49
Kayıt: 14 Eki 2009, 21:36

Re: TSF Türkiye Saat Forumu Kurt Klaus Interview 2012 / Engl

Mesaj asymptote » 31 Eki 2012, 19:18

Harika bir söyleşi olmuş, Master Klaus sorulara son derece açıklayıcı ve net yanıtlar vermiş. Okumaktan zevk aldım. Bu zevki bize yaşattığı için TSF'ye teşekkürler.. :champ:
"Evrende en büyük ziyan, sorgulama yeteneğini yitirmiş bir beyindir." - A. Einstein
Kullanıcı avatarı
asymptote

Mesajlar: 12140
Kayıt: 11 Ara 2010, 14:28

Mesaj Frax » 31 Eki 2012, 19:21

Söyleşi için teşekkürler Bond :champ:

Kendisiyle ilgili fikirlerim, diğer katılımcılar tarafından paylaşıldı. Çok dinamik ve hayat dolu birisi Kurt Klaus. Workshop ve yemek öncesi bazı şüphelerim olmadı diyemem, gerçekten bizimle ilgilenebileceğini düşünmemiştim ancak gördüm ki yaşına rağmen çok dinç ve hala hayatın her anından keyif alabilen biri. Dilerim bir başka sefere kendisini atölyesinde/odasında ziyaret edebiliriz. Saatlerin dışından bizlere öğreteceği çok şey var ve ben onun enerjik halinden çok şey öğrendim. Yaptığı her işi onun kadar sevebilenlerden olmayı isterdim, pek mümkün görünmese de :)

Teşekkürler Kurt Klaus :champ:
Kullanıcı avatarı
Frax

Mesajlar: 7085
Kayıt: 27 Ara 2009, 15:36

Mesaj Thevenin » 31 Eki 2012, 21:11

Bir de " Schaffhausen'in icinden misiniz ? " diye bir sorum vardi atlanmis :D Onun haricinde adeta The TSF Times proudly presents :champ: Well done :thumbup:
Thevenin
Kullanıcı avatarı
Thevenin

Mesajlar: 8350
Yaş: 36
Kayıt: 31 Eki 2010, 04:30

Mesaj herofb » 31 Eki 2012, 21:56

Söyleşi mükemmel olmuş , elinize sağlık :champ:

Bu arada böyle büyük bir usta'nın da aynen bizim gibi düşünmesi garip mi desem yoksa sevindirici mi desem bilemedim

"Bir saati elime aldığımda önce markasına sonra quartz mı yoksa otomatik mi olduğuna sonrada dizaynına bakarım", bildiğin rolex fan çıktı beyler :)
Kullanıcı avatarı
herofb

Mesajlar: 9376
Yaş: 42
Kayıt: 11 Nis 2010, 16:12

Mesaj drk » 31 Eki 2012, 22:04

Tebrikler TSF :champ:

Herojd, ben sordum IWC dışında favori saat marka/modeliniz nedir diye? Ne Rolex, ne AP nede Patek, benim için Vacheron Constantin dedi :)
Kullanıcı avatarı
drk

Mesajlar: 11874
Kayıt: 20 Nis 2010, 23:24

Mesaj herofb » 31 Eki 2012, 22:08

Güzel bir tercih ama ben bu tarz kişilerin pozisyonları itibariyle gönülden değilde sanki ticari olarak hangisini söylemenin daha mantıklı olduğunu düşünerek önceden hazırlanmış cevapları verdiğini düşünüyorum
Kullanıcı avatarı
herofb

Mesajlar: 9376
Yaş: 42
Kayıt: 11 Nis 2010, 16:12

Mesaj asymptote » 31 Eki 2012, 22:12

Drk yazdı:Herojd, ben sordum IWC dışında favori saat marka/modeliniz nedir diye? Ne Rolex, ne AP nede Patek, benim için Vacheron Constantin dedi :)

Drk'tan taze ve sıcak bir bilgi.. :) Hemen ilgimi yoğunlaştırıyorum bu markaya. :geek: Aslında VC forumca çok ihmal ettiğimiz bir marka, öyle değil mi beyler? Orta lüks segmentte Rolli ve Pam kardeşler, üst lüks segmentte ise AP domine ediyor konuları.. Kurt Klausun da uyarı fişeğiyle spotları VC'nin üzerinde yoğunlaştırıyoruz hemen.. ;)
"Evrende en büyük ziyan, sorgulama yeteneğini yitirmiş bir beyindir." - A. Einstein
Kullanıcı avatarı
asymptote

Mesajlar: 12140
Kayıt: 11 Ara 2010, 14:28

Sonraki

Dön TSF Özel Röportajlar - Special Interviews

Kimler çevrimiçi

Bu forumu gezen kullanıcılar: Hiç bir kayıtlı kullanıcı yok ve 3 misafir

TSF Partner Brands & Medias
Ancon
Arnold & Son
Ateliers deMonaco
Audemars Piguet
Badollet Geneve
Bell & Ross
Breitling
Chopard
Concord
Gucci
Hautlence
Hublot
Linde Werdelin
Maîtres du Temps
Manufacture Royale
Oris
Parmigiani Fleurier
Snyper Geneve
Steinhart
Watchonista

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Youtube  RSS Portal    |    Gallery    |    Blog    |     Advertise / Reklam / Contact      

All brand names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners