Orient Otomatik Mekanizman覺n Eta ve Miyota ile Kar覺lat覺rma

T羹m Genel Saat Konular覺 zerine Payla覺mlar
Forum kurallar覺
Say覺n yeler TSF'ye Ho Geldiniz. Genel Saat Sohbeti B繹l羹m羹m羹zde Saatlerle 襤lgili Dier Spesifik Konu Bal覺klar覺m覺z Haricideki Sohbet ve Payla覺mlar覺n覺z覺 Yapabilirisiniz. D羹zenli ve Anla覺labilir Bir Ortam Olmas覺 Amac覺 ile L羹tfen Mesajlar覺n覺z覺 Yaz覺m Kurallar覺na Uygun Formatta Yazmaya Gayret Ediniz.

襤yi Forumlar Dileriz

TSF

Orient Otomatik Mekanizman覺n Eta ve Miyota ile Kar覺lat覺rma

Mesaj raven » 18 Ara 2014, 14:11

Yaz覺n覺n linki sorunlu olduu i癟in kopyalayarak paylat覺m. Yap覺lan yorumlar覺 da aynen paylat覺m. oumuzda olan Orient saatlerin Eta ve Miyota k覺yaslamas覺 ilgi 癟ekebilir :thumbup:

Orient vs. ETA and Miyota: A Look at Movements

When it comes to mechanical watches, its all about the movement. Of course, the style, functionality, and cost all play a role in which mechanical you choose, but so much of what makes a mechanical watch depends solely on the movement.

Lets take a look at the advantages of Orient movements as opposed to the big watch movement producers, ETA and Miyota.

Resim
Orient Caliber 40G51 Mechanical Movement

Orient vs. ETA
ETA, owned by the Swatch Group, is such a big producer of Swiss watch movements that sometimes its difficult to find a watch without an ETA movement. Thats also because few watch companies produce their own movements.

Breitling, Omega, Tag Heuer, and IWC are some of the popular and pricey watch brands that use outsourced ETA movements in their watches. Orient, though, is one company that produces its own movements for use in its own watches, not anyone elses.

Many people are surprised to learn that Orient, a brand that specializes in classic, affordable timepieces, produces its own movements. But its not all that surprising when you think about it.

In fact, a couple years ago, the School of Horology compared Orients popular Caliber 46943 movement to the comparable ETA movement, 2892.a2.
Resim
Resim

Omega Watch featuring an ETA 2892 Mechanical Movement vs. Orients 46943 Mechanical Movement
The School found that the Orient requires less movement than the ETA to produce a winding motion. This efficiency is also, in part, due to Orients more straightforward design. Its less frilly, focusing primarily on functionality. The School also found that Orients use of fewer parts overall resulted in a higher conversion of kinetic energy than the ETA movement.

Thats pretty impressive, but it should be noted that both ETA and Orient produce a variety of mechanical movements, some more expensive and of higher complexity than others. Yet some things remain consistent:

All Orient movements are produced in-house
All Orient movements are built by hand
All Orient movements are used in Orient watches only
All Orient movements are high-efficiency
Can ETA say that? Now, lets check out Orient vs. another big movement producer, Miyota.

Orient vs. Miyota
A bit closer to home, Miyota, like Orient, is a Japanese company. But unlike Orient, Miyota produces mechanical watch movements for a number of watch companies. Such companies include big brand names like Citizen, Invicta, and Festina. Orient, as mentioned, produces in-house movements for use in Orient watches only.

Though Orient and Miyota movements share a similar appreciation among watch enthusiasts for their standard durability, accuracy, and affordability, only Orient offers watches that feature traditional watchmaking craftsmanship. Perhaps thats why Orient has been called a true watchmakers watch.

But furthermore, watch enthusiasts have noted that Miyotas popular 82xx movement series is essentially non-serviceable because of its low replacement cost and main bridge construction. Orient, however, uses a 2 piece upper bridge for easy assembly and future servicing. So while your Miyota may run smoothly for years, when it needs service, you may be out of luck. All the while, Orient watches run strong and are easily serviceable for decades.

Orients M-Force LE featuring Orients 40N5A Mechanical, Hackable Movement
Additionally, Miyota movements are non-hackable. Though many Orient movements are also non-hackable, Orient does offer some fairly affordable and hackable mechanical watch movements. M-Force LE, which contains Orients Caliber 40N5A movement, is a great example.

26 Comments | Tell us what you think!
By Andrew on Sep 10, 2012
Personally I love my Orient watch movements the most of all of those found in my watches because of the high efficiency of the winding system and the ability to take a beating and keep on going. With Orient watches, I can modify my watch as many times as I want without worrying about the movements escapement getting messed up, and parts are easy to come by due to compatibility with non-OEM and OEM Seiko parts. Now if only OEM Orient parts were readily available (hands, dials), I could easily make my dream watches come to life!

By Will on Sep 10, 2012
I prefer in house movements like Orient makes. I like a watch to be fully brought to life in one facility. Also, there are times when I feel that people get a swiss movement just for the prestige of it being a swiss movement, and not because it is the best movement for their price range.

By adam on Sep 10, 2012
While I love my orient mako with the cal.46943,I also love my Seamaster cal.1120 (only based on 2892-a2) but the omega is far more refined in build and finish. If I could only have one it would be the omega. But for value for money the orient wins hands down. Love em both for different reasons tbh.

By ryan on Sep 10, 2012
I prefer the orient, as its the only one i have! takes a lickin, keeps on tickin..

By Walt on Sep 10, 2012
I definitely appreciate the craftsmanship of an in house movement. However, itd say that i value features, accuracy and reliability more than who made the movement. Orient happens to make very accurate, reliable, affordable movements, so i consider the in house craftsmanship a nice plus.

By Chuck Houser on Sep 10, 2012
I have a number of of watches with Oreint and Miyota movements. When Im off work for a few days my watches with Miyota movements occasionally stop because of lack of activity while my Orients never have done that. Seems like Orients have a better winding mechanism.

By Vincent Cramer on Sep 11, 2012
The style of Orient is simple yet beautiful, the idea of a fully in house watch really speaks to me.
With a Orient you are sure where every part comes from and since that used to be the standart years ago I find it a watch with more soul.
And that all for a better price range.

By Rick on Sep 14, 2012
Im going to have to agree with you, Andrew. The watches really do have fantastic movements and the interchangeability of certain seiko parts is a definite plus. I do with that Orient made parts available. I certainly would like to give bleach fading my bezel another go, but Id need a new bezel in order to do so, haha.

By Rick on Sep 14, 2012
Correction: I do wish that*

By Tim Lemoine on Sep 24, 2012
I have an orange mako diver. I love it. It keeps great time. In house movement rules.

By Chris mclain on Sep 24, 2012
I think its personnel preference although I dont think anybody would disagree that the Swiss do very intricate cotes de geneve and pearlized rotors bridges etc. orients models while super competent and sometimes superior function(aka ball bearings rotor travel), may lack finishings on there exhibition sides. And theres other reasonable priced movements out there swiss(Ronda,Isa etc). AND do not forget Seagull(respected Chinese brand) which is in about 1/4 of the worlds automatics and has rivaled eta in its double flying tourbillion. Orient must be applauded for keeping there movements in house and offering a great product. Keep up the good work!!!!,

By Markus on Sep 25, 2012
Well, I really like my OrientStar watch, but your article is not based on facts.

1. Orient DOES use movements from other companies. The new OrientStar chronograph is equipped with the Seiko 6S38 movement.

2. Orient does sell its movements to other manufacturers. You can find them for example in some Dugena watches.

3. hand made is a relative term. If you have a look at the introduction video on Orients homepage it looks very much like an automatic, industrial production. No wonder, if you want to produce a high volume of low cost movements. Orient is not Breguet ;-)

4. Miyoto does not produce movements FOR Citizen. Miyota IS Citizen the movement department of Citizen Co.

5. Yes the Miyota 82xx series is not hackable. But Miyota also offers the 9xxx series which seems to be more modern in design then Orients new 40xxx series. The 9xxx is both self- and handwinding, hackable and beats like the ETA movements at 4Hz, rather then Orients 3Hz in all of its movements except the super highline Royal Orient model.

6. From my experience with an Orient 46S51 and a Citizen 4166 (which is almost identical to the Miyota 8217) I would say that they dont differ substantially in accuracy. I have even experienced that the single direction winding Citizen movements seems to wind up more effectively compared to the 46S51 Orient bi-directional winding movement.

Anyway I like the Orient style and you get a good value for the money. Apart from the movement I would compare OrientStar watches with higher priced Longines watches. They are that good.

Greetings from Germany!

By michael gilboy on Sep 29, 2012
i really need a orient time piece because of all the great storys i have heard about them

By Steve on Oct 7, 2012
I love Orients and this is the reason why. The world is so full of companies that design the product but then ship it over to someone else to manufacturer (the true value-added process!). Orient does it from start to finish.

Ill be buying another one!

By Francisco on Nov 23, 2012
Hola a todos, vivo en Espa簽a y hace poco que tengo un Orient Mako 1 movimiento 46943 y va muy fino, su exactitud me sorprende, a parte de que es un modelo que me gusta mucho, va de hora exacto, cada d穩a estoy mas contento con mi Mako 1 de Orient. Muchas gracias. Un saludo a todos..

By Luis Reffreger on Feb 12, 2013
I own several watches including orients. In my opinion orients are real reliable watches at affordable price. In-house movements its a plus when you are talking about mechanical watches. I recomend for the people for are interested in mechanical watches with a small budget. You don織t have to spend a lot and you have a wonderful and beautiful watch!

By ERMAK on Mar 16, 2013
Tengo varios relojes,Polyot,Seiko,Citizen,Omega,Orient.El funcionamiento de cada reloj depende del uso y del mantenimiento.Tengo que reconocer mi sorpresa por el Mako 1.Va de maravilla:supera los Seiko織s y los Citizen織s en la duracion de la marcha,es muy contundente,me meto en la piscina o friego los platos sin preocuparme,mantiene buena visibilidad 24h,muy buenos acabados,tanto de reloj como del armis.Relacion calidad/precio=10.

By gunther kern on Jul 19, 2013
I own an Orient M-Force-LE with a 40N5A movement. Accuracy is within 3 sec and it is adjustable should you get one that runs faster or slower. The watch has performed flawlessly so far. Good quality for the money.

By MARTIN on Sep 10, 2013
Hi; Im 52 years old and have owned several Orient watches and am about to get an M-Force Beast in black. I gave my wife a solar Orient for our anniversary and its more accurate than any watch in my collection !! Gotta respect a company that doesnt outsource any stage of the construction or part manufacturing and still manages to offer competitive prices. Todays Orient model rule over the other 3 big japs IMO.

Martin from Buenos Aires-Argentina

By robert on Oct 22, 2013
For many years I longed for a swiss movement automatic watch. I finally got an invicta with a sellita sw200 movement. sheer disappointment due to its inaccuracy. It loves to run fast. Invicta should get into trouble for GIVING away some of their watches, let alone selling them. That being said, I also admit to talking down Asian movements for a good number of years. That has changed. I recently bought an android watch with the miyota 9100 movement. I would say they have the swiss beat hands down. And you dont have to mortgage the house to find out. As far as orient watches go, I have no experience to comment with. I did not know that they make all their own movements. Would be nice to compare a comparable on to my android watch.

By CHARNCHAI KASEMKOSOLSRI on Jan 10, 2014
I am a doctor who needs a watch with clear distinctive second hand on the dial for measuring heart rate or respiratory rate. Most beautiful watches are difficult to read in dim light, while diver and pilot watches do not have a big and long enough second hand. Ive tried an Orient SPORT AUTOMATIC EM7A005B for daily use and feel satisfied with it. I wish I could find a best legible watch which is designed for medical profession in ORIENT BRAND.

By Bruno Langemann on Mar 17, 2014
Where are the movements produced? You say in house yet other people have commented on the fact that Japan stamped on the rotor does not mean the movement was produced and assembled in Japan. That the movement factory is in China. What is the truth on this ?
Thanks,
B. Langemann

By nick on Mar 17, 2014
Hey Bruno,

Thanks for your question. All of the movements are made and assembled in Northern Japan. Heres a behind the scenes video at the factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MH1IZ9rA28.

By Naruto on Jun 16, 2014
Wow I didnt know that the movements are built by hands. I only know that it was built in house, thats why I bought Orient as my first automatic watch. It is very accurate. Now I feel like Im wearing a Japanese Rolex.

By Emerentino Quadro on Jul 16, 2014
Very nice this blog. I am an Orient entusiastic. I have a classic model FFD0F001W (automatic mechanical caliber 46N45, with sapphire crystal). The accuracy is wonderful: less than 20s per week.
A mechanical watches is forever. For some years, I used a very nice Swiss quartz watche (sapphire crystal, titanium case, chronograph, very beatyful etc). After 2 years, it was necessary to change the batt in a authorized service. A batt malfunction (leakage) destroyd the eletronic circuit. I lost the watche!

By vaios on Oct 8, 2014
I recently purchased a orient eminence and it is amazing, beautifully finished with great features as sapphire glass date and a sea through window back and front. All this for 175 aussie dollars. I have an eta watch a miyota watch and I must admit that this orient was a revelation, I love it very accurate too.
D羹羹n羹yorum 繹yleyse var覺m, d羹羹nemiyorum 繹yleyse mal覺m!
Kullan覺c覺 avatar覺
raven

Mesajlar: 4377
Ya: 53
Kay覺t: 26 Nis 2013, 19:31
Konum: 襤stanbul

Re: Orient Otomatik Mekanizman覺n Eta ve Miyota ile Kar覺lat

Mesaj Frk » 18 Ara 2014, 21:09

Ortalama bir saat sever olarak ger癟ekten severek okudum.Orient mekanizmalar覺yla bu iki b羹y羹k firma aras覺ndaki fark a覺rt覺c覺 dorusu. Say覺n raven payla覺m i癟in teekk羹rler.
Kullan覺c覺 avatar覺
Frk

Mesajlar: 28
Kay覺t: 21 Eyl 2014, 15:21

Mesaj ptahba » 18 Ara 2014, 21:58

yaz覺y覺 paylam覺s覺n覺z zevkle okudum. Orientin in house mekanizma yapt覺覺n覺 biliyordum ama sadece kendine 繹zel kulland覺覺n覺 bilmiyordum. 襤lgin癟 hem kendi mekanizmas覺n覺 羹retip hem de bu kadar ula覺labilir olmas覺 takdire ayan. Yaz覺 i癟in teekk羹rler.
Kullan覺c覺 avatar覺
ptahba

Mesajlar: 94
Kay覺t: 15 Eyl 2014, 07:19

Mesaj tarkani » 19 Ara 2014, 19:16

Bilgiler i癟in teekk羹r ederim. :thumbup:
Kullan覺c覺 avatar覺
tarkani

Mesajlar: 537
Kay覺t: 26 Ara 2012, 11:14

Mesaj raven » 19 Ara 2014, 22:20

Frk :thumbup:
ptahba :thumbup:
tarkani :thumbup:

bu arada Orient yeni model otomatik saatlerinde hem otomatik hem de kurmal覺 mekanizma kullanacak. ayr覺ca "ers" ad覺n覺 verdikleri bir mekanizma da kullan覺yorlar bu "ers" seikodaki "kinetic" mekanizmayla ayn覺.
D羹羹n羹yorum 繹yleyse var覺m, d羹羹nemiyorum 繹yleyse mal覺m!
Kullan覺c覺 avatar覺
raven

Mesajlar: 4377
Ya: 53
Kay覺t: 26 Nis 2013, 19:31

Mesaj Modern60 » 20 Ara 2014, 00:49

Ger癟ekten de bu yaz覺 ORIENT'i tescil etmi oldu. Ama ben bir ey eklemek isterim. Unutmamak gerekir ki SEIKO japon mekanizmalar覺n覺n ba 繹retmeni..ne M襤YOTA ne de ORIENT, tek balar覺na bu kadar baar覺l覺 olamazlard覺. Bir 繹enmli ger癟ek de Japon makinelerinin 襤svi癟re'lerinkinden pek aa覺 olmad覺klar覺...hatta fiyat/kalite k覺yaslamalar覺nda 繹nde bile olabilirler. Payla覺m 癟ok 繹nemli ve i癟erikli...teekk羹rler.
Kullan覺c覺 avatar覺
Modern60
Contributor

Mesajlar: 1457
Kay覺t: 02 Mar 2010, 01:40

Mesaj Cct » 20 Ara 2014, 01:20

Uzakdoulular dekorasyon ve ince i癟ilik gibi konulardan ka癟覺narak verimlilik ve dayan覺kl覺l覺k 羹zerine 癟al覺覺yorlar fakat mekanik saatlerin l羹ks 羹r羹n alg覺s覺 y羹z羹nden ayn覺 ii g繹ren 襤svi癟re makineleri daha fazla itibar g繹r羹yor..

Benim g繹r羹羹m ekstra bir 繹zellik sunmad覺覺 s羹rece (Uzun g羹癟 rezervi, y羹ksek 癟al覺ma h覺z覺, komplikasyonlar vb.) ETA ve bir癟ok inhouse swiss mekanizman覺n g繹rd羹羹 itibar覺n balon olduu y繹n羹nde..
Her t羹rl羹 saat itinayla tak覺l覺r.
Kullan覺c覺 avatar覺
Cct

Mesajlar: 4846
Ya: 39
Kay覺t: 21 Oca 2013, 20:07

Mesaj cyberpearl » 20 Ara 2014, 11:04

Bence Orient'e "Swiss Made" yazsayd覺 u an sat覺ld覺覺 fiyat覺na kay覺覺n覺 alamazd覺k.Saat sekt繹r羹nde marka imaj覺 bambaka birey...
Kullan覺c覺 avatar覺
cyberpearl

Mesajlar: 49
Kay覺t: 26 Eyl 2014, 17:25

Sonraki